Child Protection & Care Proceedings

Some of the ways Social Services could become involved with your family include:

  • Carrying out a risk assessment
  • Monitoring and supporting you over the long term
  • They have started Court proceedings related to you

It's important that you understand why Social Services have become involved and that you have the chance to put your views about their involvement forward.

If they have started Court proceedings against you, it is important that you seek legal advice immediately to try and ensure the best outcome for you and your children.

Grandparents and other family members often have concerns and we are happy to advise any family member. Sometimes Grandparents step in to help with the care of the children when there are difficulties. We can discuss with you the options that are available to Grandparents.

We are able to speak to Social Services on your behalf, consider any paperwork that you have received, attend at any meetings and help you work with Social Services.

If Court proceedings prove necessary we have experience of dealing with all steps.

We are here to help and support you every step of the way.